Tasmania # Day 1
4:48PM 26/4/05
Just passed Woolonggong, 20,000 ft.
The last time I was on a SAAB, this time it's a Boeing. Pretty comofortable, even though there aren't any wool looking seat covers. I quite like Jet Star's uniform, Orange. AND the rumor is FALSE, Jet Star does have water / coffee during the flight. Mum wants me to buy some insurance for the flight. So I walked around inside domestic, trying to find one. Failed.
In front of Qantas Counter...
"... any kinds of insurance?"
"No, I am sorry, we don't do it for domestic. We normally have it for overseas flight"
"So, let's say, if Jet Star crashed at Hobart, and we all die. But we just can't be insured."
"I am sorry, I guess you have to book online or something. ... we are not Jet Star."
Well, you know, she had a point. I am not sure if it's still true. But while Rainman is showing in the cinema. That Qantas is the only airliner that never had a crash. Pretty impressive huh? For a brief moment, I am thinking, 4:54pm, i may be able to write a wil right now, in case the Jet Star does crash. Especially the Toshiba Tecra has a crash tolerance @ 20G. I don't know how on earth it can survive 20G, but it says clearly (non-operating) 20G. Technology does advance. Some higher models have ability to detect G-Force, when > value x, then it'll retracts the Hard Drive Head, before it hits something hard, hence preserves the data. Smarty Pants. Anyways, if the airliner do crash, I am sure this post would not survive too. So I would rather write something else other than will.
Hobart, what's in Hobart? It's chill in the carbinet, about 20 celcius, same as ground temp. I start to feel a little cosy now, feeling autumn. I don't know what troubles me, made me a bit uneasy, maybe it's the unresolving washing machine, or the flower water must be changed every two days issue. 800km/h, Driving at this speed around kingsford that'll be really cool, isn't it. From Harbourne to my place, would take like a second, to uni it's like 2 seconds. CSE to Library 2 seconds. Even from Liverpool to Uni would only take 1 minutes and six seconds. That's the way to go mate. Forget about chrome MUFFLER and DUAL exhaust.. have a airliner parked at garage is going to kick ass. Quite a few does have it, including Grease's star Trovelta (sorry about the spelling). his place has an airport.
Still an hour to go, before we can land on Hobart. Greyhond, um I was thinking just now, how long would it take bus to reach Hobart, then I think it'll be pretty stupid thing to do. After traveling a whole day on bus, you'd only reach melbourne and realise bus can't fly over the ocean. So have to switch bus to melbourn airport, and check in and fly merely half an hour or less, landing. When return, repeat to process. That's pretty stupid, no wonder there isn't any bus package to Tasmania. Don't know what do they think about Sydney people. You know in China people in Shanghai thinks quite differently to those who live in North like Beijing. Often they have prejudice towards each other, not sure if it's the case for Tassies.
I am bored... I guess i would just sleep the rest 30 mintues away. (to be continued...)
(many hours later...)
9:22PM Tuesday Night
MAN! Talking about ear spliting experience. It didn't hit my mum or other passengers, but it definately hit me. Till now, my right ear still can't hear clearly. It's tough to be a air crew, it hurts so much you don't even dare to swallow. That's a horrible experience. OK WE landed finally around 6:20pm. Hobart! what a place, what a INTERNATIONAL airport with Tiny Custome and very 'intergrated' "Red Channel" & "Green Chanel". Intersting indeed. The taxi driver is definately a Tasi, glad I understand him and he didn't mention anything about fish.
THE STREET IS DARK! with 200,000 what can you do? It does surprise me that it actually has less people than Canberra. Walking on the street, just 7pm.Silent Silent, Slient street, it does make me, once again fantacise having a family in Canberra or other silent town, find a job, a small car, making sandwiches with my wife. da la da la... the perfect small town life. But, what about Sydney, what about Havard and your dream. Um... we'll see about this bit later. Unfortunately, it's very unlikely goverment would offer me high enough pay would move me out of the 1 year contract i had with NG Farah to move to Canberra, at least not this year. Hey, are you still following? Gosh, those days I spoke too much Shanghai Dialect, don't know how to speak English any more.
Mum is picky at restaurant. But you see, Hobart doesn't have many choices. Walking in the dark street is not the first thing you want to do in Hobart, but we did it. My theory is, if two bloke rock up and decide to rob us, we've a chance to defend ourselves. They can't knock all of us down and get all our stuffs. And the chances of us being robbed by 2+ blokes in a quiet town like Hobart is not high ==> conclusion: it's ok to walk in the dark if you have three. Then again, heard stories in Kingsford that people use HUGH TREE TRUNK to attack people, one smooth sweep, two guys are knocked out! I don't know, when can I stop thinking about robbers and night. Med Revue is coming, it'll finish late at night, thinking going home alone at night at 12 again! that's not a pleasant thought, i would try to get someone to stay over or something. so they can walk me home. la la la. (though I live argubaly the safest part of Kingsford).
YOU GUESSED IT! HOBART HAS INTERNET! and it right inside of our room. Rydes. To save money on long distance calls, I decided to write the stories offline as well as resizing the photos. Then get online, as fast as I could, publish the stories and send photos out. Exciting plan isn't it. ^_^ Last but not as least, Hobart is Cool, weather wise. Feel refreshing when touching down at the airport.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home