Hobart, YLNWTLT

Just over 700 Photos taken today among Grandpa's Minolta, JJ's Sony & my new 10D. I am thinking, maybe it'll be a success too, if I spent some time building the Site: "Hobart - You'll never want to leave, Too." Sounds corny, but the Canberra site does collect praise. Hobart is beautiful, if I could have brought a film camera with me it'll be so different.
At times, you see the color's been great, when you press the shutter, seconds later, what's on the LCD display is no where close. You'd only hope you had Fuji Films. On the other hand, I start to realise, LENS does matter. Low contrast image sometimes is not all Camera's fault, the 28-135IS lens are no comparison to Pentax M-50mm 1:1.7 in terms of Contrast. nor can it compare to M-28mm 1:3.5. Photos from 10D can look great, but only under circumstances. In general, however, I feel FILM has a more film-alike quality (quite obvious), what I mean film alike, is the grain, satuation .. da la da la. Unlike LP vs. CD (where CD is clearly a winner in terms of sample rate. Clever people would point our that LP doesn't need sample rate. Anyhow, CD is superior in many regards.)
But Film is still superior in terms of image quality, esp Dynamic Range. Last night in Hobart. I am gonna miss it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home