Monday, July 04, 2005

ClarifyCRM, Citrix & Charles

Co-workers being telling me that it's not your average 1st day to meet the chairman of the company. There he is, Charles. Somewhat unexpectedly to be a Taiwanese. (though Acer is a Taiwanese company, but I kinda expect an aussie for this Au / OZ Acer arm.)

So, Charles with his extraordinary 70s hair style giving a speech on Acer's remarkable 58 million sale in June this year. According to the workers, in Australia only Acer and Dell are making profit in PC industry. Where HP and IBM are suffering loss. So what can I say? Being lucky in a growing company.

One of Acer India's head's son is in the same block with me today. (STARTING the same day). He is here to do industry exp for 30 days ish. can hardly imagine his dad commands an powerful arm of Acer India. Maybe I should get close to him and try to get a job in India. (just kidding)

In general, the staff at Acer are very kind and easy talk to. The system is fairly complex at first glance. But then again, it's only been my first day. My department manager is nice. I better be careful. If they do a google search and find this page, they better find something nice about them, or otherwise... I miss ComSec. $23/h + super. You always want something you can't have, don't you?

Did you know that if you call Dell Australia support centre, the workers are actually answer your call from India? In another word, you are actually calling India for help if you have problem with your Dell. By the way, my department is in charge of Acer NZ, we take a lot of calls from NZ. What do you think of 7:00am - 3:30pm. if I take that shift, then i'll need to get out of door 5:30am. 1st day, luckily met enough nice people, the job isn't stressful as I thought.


Oh, I manage to get a photo off Charles, standing in front door of Acer Australia / NZ, Homebush Bay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home