The day we hit the Japanese CEO
It was certainly not a shinny day. Mum and I were driving to Carefore (a french mega-store opened in Gupei area in Shanghai, where we bought a small investment apartment). The area is fairly fancy largely because few celebs lives there. That day, mum is leaving the car park. AND THERE HE IS, an old Japanese dude in a suite. We hit him @ roughly 5km/hr.
Oh, yes, here he goes. I mean he gets very angry, but he can't speak Chinese. He has a CANE! He walk to us, I 'cooly' press the button, the windows all up. (Not a wise move, proven afterwards). You know, for those who watch Japanese Drama, if it happens in Japan, the young dude which is me, suppose to come out of the car and bend down my back, and do a full apologize and probably even a speech.
He gets even ANGRIER, the CANE surely came handy, KNOCK! KNOCK! directly at me, GEE, if it's not the window, it'll hit my head. What a violent Japanese old gentlemen! I give up, I wind down the window, trying to speak to him. But what can he say, he can't speak Chinese, so I tried English, nope, doesn't work. Magically, after speaking English to him for a few minutes, he let us go with a name card, says CEO of ********, Gupei, Shanghai.
Oh, mum was worried, you know in Shanghai anything goes. Few story invovle fake Jap exec, pretend to be hit and get huge compensation ... etc. Luckily this one isn't the case. The following day, we made a apologitic phone call to his assitant, and sent some flowers, he is fine. He mentioned that what angers him is that the young man (which is me) winds up the window.
-_- alas, it was my fault, look back, I was pretty immature to deal with the situation. HOWEVER, on the other side of the story, when Japanese is occupying Shanghai, shameful history that is. They didn't treat us with the least respect. They kill people without law, tear babies into parts in a bid to show how strong is their muscle, and mind you, it's all documented. Things such as Black Sun 711 project (which is human lab in short), is never known in Japan's own soil.
ANNOYINGLY, few of my Australian friends think that my government exggerated all the infor such as 300,000 people massacre in Nan Jing in a day.. etc because China and Japan was once enemy, hence China would intentionally make Japan looks bad.. WELL, the thing is, not only China, Korea and many other Asian country has same attitude towards Japan's attitude in war, it's not becaues we simply don't like them, it's because what they have done.
Now, I don't want to get too political here, just a point to make, history is there. Documentary are there too. Just becaues you didn't see the documentary, just because one country appear to be modern, democratic NOW, doesn't mean they didn't do terrible things in the past.
I like Japan in many ways, their culture, arts, esp Arts, Tv Dramas. Wonderful stuffs. But just some parts of history is hard to forget. I was previoulsy going to say, if a old Chinese driver hit that dude, he might not stop at all, he might just run over him. My grandpa's generation normally dislike them, where younger generation like me, my sisters we love Japan's new image and developed economy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home