Sydney 2000 (v2.005)
"I've got your Heineken." Stanly showed the paper bag. Oh, God. The last time I saw Stanly was, well.. ages ago. Not only he remembers my name, but also the my taste of my beer. I am impressed. He came back just yesterday. Working in a private law firm, makes he look professional. And along came the beautiful Judy, Caren's friend who's doing master of Commerce. (In my taste, a corny course.) Though, Brad is doing it too on a very part time base, would take somewhat six years to complete.
So that is 7:30pm. The street light has just shone not for long. We are in front of Big Echo, ready to Kay-ed the night away. But before that, bohan was walking along pitt street trying to find Big Echo. And he asked help from an unexpected place, the Greenbox. A direct competitor. No wonder the guy inside just point the finger to the right, "this way." no more to be said.
Exactly two hours ago, I was sitting at Macers. Admiring their chairs, they must invest fair bit into those chairs. High back till cover your entire head. It's packed, I waited for a minute or two, before I can log online to check my email. In the basement, the signal level is nil, zeda, none basically. kosol probably is going to laugh at my use of vacubulary, 'actually', 'basically', 'by the end of the day', and especially 'apparently'. True, I guess i could strive to write one concise one, then it'll be short, very short. and PLUS, this is my personal thoughts, efficiency is not at priroity, so bear with me justin.
Like many others, justin would only read my blog when he is actually bored. Actually bored, apparently bored, basically bored, by the end of the day bored. Well, just driving you mad a bit. I would take your advice, next time when i write a report, or talk serious issues, I would take them out. At least i'd try.
I know you guys are all visual oriented, to refresh your interest:
A yellow blinker is flashing... (1 new Guestbook Entry)
And who's that Nao. Upon some mini-research. A part time model, who works as an illustrator for magazines in Japan.i love to look your pictures!!!!!
very impressive!!!!!!
stay koool bohan!!!
xxx
nao.

Nao on board.

Nao and her illustration works.
Little old for me... I guess. Though I love women are five six years older than me. Well, once in a while, to get a message like that is encouraging, but on the other hand, I have not taken any photographs for myself for a long time. I have to pick up the camera again sometime, if dad could just give me the 10D as a pre-24 birthday gift.
Back to the story. With zeda signal. A call came in. It is from Qing, also known as Cinderella (as in High School) and Lily (Diploma onwards till now). Isn't she suppose to be at work now? I first met Lily 6 days ago during medical. We have briefly talked for about ten minutes. Then it is the website I passed to her, that keep us connected. She APPARENTLY APPARENTLY APPARENTLY liked my site. So she left her number at my inbox. Earlier that day, I was at Wynard, don't know how to spend my day after I gave my birth certificate to Karl Konrad. Wondering around Martin place, then suddenly remembered a friend's advice: i do think u shouldcontact her, as she seems quite eagar to get to know u better. must'vebeen something u said to arouse her interest, me thinks. It's not what I said, it's what she saw on greenicecream made her interested.
So, I smsed, wanna have coffee this afternoon? Minutes later... yep, y not?
"say how about one, I come to your place. I mean Star Bucks near capital square and china town."
"Deal. @.@"
Somehow Lion King pops up in the conversation. Yes, the Lion King. Then...
"Oh, I see. Where do you live?"
"Just near by, very close to Capital Theatre."
It is from this conversation six days ago, I got to know vaguely where does she live. My good memory serve a good course here.
Within minutes, the outing is confirmed, one starbucks. I like this style so much better. You know there are someone, you literally have to beg them to see you, give them loads of reasons why they should see you, and you have to double guanrantee them that there is nothing but friendship, before you could eventually change their mind to see them. vs. Deal on the same day. Alas...
I am a very punctual person. I seldom late. 22 minutes prior early to one, I already speedily had lunch downstairs at Kinokunia, THE BEST LASKA IN SYDNEY (the fastest, I reckon). Then rush to woolies to get some confectionary free lollies, then 22 to 1. I am already at the place. Nosiy, hot, no where to go.
I walked through a thick down. Suddenly everything seem to be quiet. Everything seem to be calming. Music, no, I didn't hear any music. I only see people bend one of their knees down, I want to learn to do that, but don't know how to copy, I just sat in silence, as well as others. Admiring the space and quietness in the central of Sydney. I feel my heart cools down, suddenly feel peaceful. Is it God, the Church or the Air conditioning in the Church cools me down. Could be any of them, I'd say. Being brought up in a buddist country, we learn to respect God and fear God's wrath. I'd just like to say that I didn't mean to mock at God, I would not do so. I am sure, without air conditioning, entering the church in the middle of city would cool me down at least mentally. I am writing this, in hope God won't punish me for my wrong wordings. There is always fundamentalist, I am not one of them. There are many famous quote, see:
The bible is written by those who think the earth is flat.
this is actually true. This goes no where, so I'd drop it for now. But I do intend to keep a good relationship with God. Many chinese people though not religioius, but still faithfully go to the temple every year to burn stuff to kinda ensure next year ok.
Where was I up to? Yes, so 22 to 1. I went inside the church. Chill out for 20 minutes. Then exactly 1pm. I walked into the starbucks. And there she is, without glasses. We sat down without ordering any drinks. And the complain about choosing courses commences. She surely can talk... for one moment, I thought probably we won't see each other again. How wrong I was... The Drink. "Hot chocolate with cream on top." "I'll be right back." What to have, what to have for myself. I thought about that for a while, suddenly a nice ad pop in my mind, Cool Strawberry and Apple Freeze (NEW). Um... so, there you go. AND minutes later... "Isn't this drink for girls?" T_T man... why can't man have Strawberry Apple Freeze. The conversation didn't flow until:
"I quite like photography..."
"um.. I wonder if you have tried taking stuido portrait before?"
"what kind?"
"nude."
Yes, from that moment, onwards, conversation flows really well. Lily is an open minded, westernized little girl who likes travel, adventure and who doesn't know what is krispy-cream is.
"What you have this afternoon?"
"I need to go to work 5:30pm, then before that, I need to go to medibank to sort something out."
"Do you know where is it?"
"Somewhere in the city, not sure, maybe I need to look at Yellow Page."
Talked for an hour in the cafe. I know where her next stop is, Medibank, but even myself don't know where it is. Now it's time to show some research talent.
I reached out my phone, dialed the number caroline used to use, "1234". "I need the address for Medibank Private, a branch near city."
"There is one at Unviersity of New South Wales."
"no, not that one. Do you have any one near Martin Place?"
"let me check, yes. 32 Martin Place."
I quickly jotted down the number on my diary as Lily watched. I feel a sense of achievement find the right information in such short period of time, my first time using 1234. "What number did you dial?" "1234" "is that all?" "yes, that is all."
I LIED. 1234 Sensis must be tricky, out of rego or something, because dialing 1234 would no longer take you there. The new number is 124 124. Well, well.
So, sure enough. We were at Medi bank. 20 minutes, we are out and ready to go to Crespy cream, something she never tasted before. Under the shade of Wynard station, we ate one each, original blazed. It is also there, I found out, she is passionate about dancing, ball room dancing. No wonder Claudia keep on pushing me to watch Dirty Dance, I guess it's a popular chick flick. She said she has attended many classes, and she's going for the grade, she'd only hope save enough, so she can go to enough lesson, go on the next level.
Her phone silently rang. It is from Hungry Jacks, call it Burger King if you must. That's where she's working at the moment. She missed the call. "Don't worry, when they call you from work, it can only mean one thing. They want you to go there early." She believed me, and did not call back. Two and half hour later, I know I am going to eat my hat soon.
Two and half hour later... 5:25pm
With zeda signal. A call came in. It is from Qing, also known as Cinderella (as in High School) and Lily (Diploma onwards till now). Isn't she suppose to be at work now?
"No, they said, that for some reason, all stuff member's shift have been cancelled tonight."
"Oh" i am out of my words.
"I am still at city." I continued.
moments later. "Well, come to my place then."
I was half way composing an email to a friend, but upon receive such call, I decided to end email composing and get some real life. So I quickly finish the email: got a call, got to go. will describe my day to you later.5:25pm Macers. Less than ten minutes later, I was at her place 416-418 Pitt Street, Sydney 2000. I remember the address while watching her filling the form at Medibank Private.
one of my three exs said later that day upon informed about the story, "is she a stripper or something, let a stranger visit her home." I am not amused about such statement. "she's a dancer" i want to say, but cut it before it reached my lips. I'd rather think from other light. I AM SO ATTRACTIVE, THAT IS IRRESISTABLE! WO HA HA HA HA! I know many of you probably want to vomit right now. But the story doesn't end here.
6pm - Bohan knows, that Caren, Stanly and Judy is expected to meet him, 6:30pm. The phone rang again:
"hi, come over."
... ... obviously i can't hear what is said on the other end.
"I have a friend here tonight, I'll cook you guys something."
with the handset pressed next to her ear. She started washing patatos and mushroom.
"She's going to cook for me." I just realised that. Dude, you are meant to be in Big Echo in half an hour. How can I tell her that I have to go...
but what she said is surprisingly understanding, if not ...
"Sorry, I should've asked if your night is occupied, before I can assume you could stay for dinner."
what to say, what to say, bohan think. T_T "Sorry, I guess I can meet Rachael next time." and Rachael is the friend who live next building also on Pitt street.
Caren seems to have six sense, know what's going on, spare the deadline from 6:30 to 7pm. I got one more hour left. I realise there is at least one advantage living in Pitt Street, you can get to Big Echo, Greenbox really easy.
"Guess why there isn't a clock in this room?" she walked open the curtain as she speak.
I don't know. Maybe something out there tells you the time. Like a clock on a building something. And what comes to my mind first is the Applied Science building in UNSW. But it wasn't. As the curtain fully open, I see clearly what it is.

isn't it true, 1 pic = 1000 words.
It's not far, perfectly readable. We sat on the sofa, she passed me a list of subject she's considering she's taking, I gave her my honest oppinion and how I liked economics.
Then the topic rolled to an interesting one. The Photos. Hesitately ever slightly, she went back to her room and dig out two photo album and one envalope. I know what's inside, but can't believe she's showing me, on the same day. First album, then second album. And finally the envolope.
my comment. Phew...
If she shows it to everyone of course, i'd feel nothing, but according to the girl who had 3 bfs and 7 flings. I am the few who she showed, she didn't even showed her 'brother' for two years. Cope that, dude. Without hesitation, I gave out my half nude portrait site. I only had one full nude photo printed on A4, one copy at shanghai, one copy with me. I am not quite ready to show that , just yet. She's right, when you were young, why don't you document it, you can't do it when you are 60.
So much for the first outing. Reluctantly, I walked out of the door. And heading for the Big Echo where Stanly amazingly remembered my taste preference for Beer.
The End.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home