Friday, March 11, 2005

The Pianist (2002)



One night, out of nothing-to-do. I picked up a DVD from the living room and started watching. I didn't know how moving that motion picture is! It was very provokative. Very difficult to watch. Even though it is not as violent as Saving Private Ryan, not as Epic as Schindeler's List. But the Pianist manage to be a master piece of the same genre that has been produced over and over again. No wonder it has good review every where. I feel the movie, as I can very well imagine the horror and the fears in the movie. Especially the desperation, the lost of hope, lost of family. One thing, that one fear in particular moved me. That is unable to protect the ones you love and have to watch them to die but you just can't do anything about it.

In a era of disasters, human drama unfolds. And those drama you just can't see it today. On one of the monument to remind us about World War II, reads: "NEVER AGAIN!"

yes, I couldn't agree more. This movie, I would highly recommend to those who complain life is boring, life is meaningless ... after watching, you'd so much appreciate what we have today is purely bliss. For one moment, I don't even think I would be brave enough to live in the gethho, in the place of terror. It's a MUST-SEE for all those who loves life and those who doesn't. A movie captures human emotion as real as it gest, the Pianist. Survival is his Masterpiece.

I often wonder how'd German respond to movies of this genre over the years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home