Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Wednesday at work

First day of the new year: Rooster. Mum insist that I should wear red underwear that has embossed with a chicken. To please her, I think I would for a day or two.

The clock pass 12, but i have no feeling whatsoever. It's just an average 12:00am. well, you know if the new year is really big deal itself, one can celebrate it 24 times, by flying super-sonically by X33 or something, to different time zone and celebrate. I think Date is more like a convenient thing (say reason) for people to celebrate. the date itself doesn't really have meaning. it's what people do on that day makes it special.

yes, in australia, last night was very quiet in most of the surburbs. so, as I explained to my parents and relatives last night, you don't miss xmas in shanghai, you don't feel alone, because no one celebrates it. if i ever feel lonely, it'll probably be xmas rather than chinese new year. It really up to the surroundings.

Lethon, wrong spelling, Hewitt, wrong spelling again. Is going to marry Cartwright, just after six weeks of dating. COPE THAT, six weeks. I was having lunch at wellbeing, now my favourite fast food shop. "Healthy food, fast". Well, i don't think i have mentioned that ONE OF THE FOUNDER of Well Being came from the Marketing department of Nestle. And Nestle sells a lot of junk food. Same applies to successful Nudie Juice and its founder Tall Tim, and not to mention the women who created Boost Juice. The trend is that people start to care about their health, and it is still growing.

Like any other unsatruated market, competitors and clones are everywhere, suddenly juice station are everywhere, smoothies become a common commidity. Nevertheless, I have no intention critize such trend, esp I am a healthy food fan myself, just don't know how to cook myself.

Yes, back to Six Weeks. Six Weeks is all it takes for them to get married. It might sound outrage, but I understand it could be very true, when you meet the right person, six weeks is long enough for you to be sure. I used to think 2 years is short for dating, because "How can you choose a life long partner, just over 2 years?" Shouldn't you spend more time investigating?

If six weeks sounds outrage, the traditional arragned marriage is even cooler. Probably less than a months, the father can find the son a wife. That is so cool. But then again, the groom would ONLY SEE THE BRIDE FACE, the wedding night. HEY MAN, don't you think there is something not right? Ok, for those people who doesn't speak chinese, in china Bride would wear a Red Thingy on their head, cover up their compeltely. So no one can see. At that night, the groom would use some sort of stick to pick the cover, and reveal bride's face.

THE QUESTION IN MY HEAD IS: (for a long time), what happened if the bride is really ugly? Would the groom be turned off instantly and only realise, damn, I am commited now. It's kinda like lottery ticket then, you just can't be sure.

Well, if you think western girl is open minded. Cope the chinese version, they are going to sleep with a man they never met straight after they first saw them. Maybe I should give arranged marriage a go. ^_^

Back to where we start, Wed at work. Yes, today I am working for liz in the morning again. It was great, after seven man - hours, the website start looking decent and I get a lot of information about lawn bowls. Seriously, who would play lawn bowl where so many other sports are just more exciting. Not to mention, a set of lawn bowls cost some five hundred dollars ... Liz picked me up at the old spot, kingsford 24 hour macers. and my new place is only five minutes walk to both macers and library. will work 4-10pm again for the third nights. surprisingly i am quite ok with them, maybe because mel has been giving me lift home all these time. and my weekend is coming soon...


bohan at work first day of the year rooster

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home