Thursday, February 03, 2005

Miracle



"... I am not sure what's it called?"

"Do you know the author's name? "

"No, I am not sure either. But I know it's a recent release and it's popular."

"Best seller?"

"Yes."

God, how typical. In books department Big W, some customer would just rock up and ask the impossible question. Ask us to find them a book without telling me the Book Title or the Author. The only clue is recent + popular.

Think, Bohan. God, Popular, Recent... It must be

"This way, lady. Is this the one you are looking for."

"T .. T..h..e Da Vinci Code, Yes, that's the one. Thank you very much."

ONE SHOT, 100%. I am certainly impressed by my own six sense.

In some Asian country, man are still very Da Nan Zi - ism. (basically meaning male is superior). some dude came into the store. Ask the lady in the front where is electric curtain. The lady pointed him to the section. Then later, he can't find it, get back to the front, and point to the picture. OH, I got it, it is electrical kettle. Then the lady apologized, say the kettle are over small appliances. Then AMAZINGLY, the man start to get pissed off, and accused with nasty voice, "why you point me to that direction before." You english is damn bad, who knows what you are talking about. I was thinking in my mind. (i was next to the door lady, trying to help.) The lady said, sorry i don't know what you meant is a kettle. "Next time, don't speak. Don't speak!"

I am very angry at this man, look down on women, speak with no manner. Horrible. Some customers are like that, in my oppinion, lack of education. The other day, another lady came in, who can't speak English and ANGRY. She walks to my counter and explained the problem once. I did not understand. "Do you understand or not?" she demanded. "Sorry, ma'am. I don't know what do you mean, if you can try to talk to the courtesy desk over there. Someone would help you there?" "The cigarette, my husband just now..." "Sorry I cannot understand, you can talk to my supervisor over there." "YOU ARE STUPID!"

I never believed customer is God. Even though in China many slogon makes consumer that they have absolute power over employees. I instantly fired back. "If you want to ask help, please ask politely." The woman just turned to another counter, talk to my co-workers. Guess what? Nor does my co-worker understand. But she's smart, without understanding, she gave one shot which drives the women away. "Do you have a receipt?" How smart! after the woman is gone. I asked Jing, what does she want? "I don't know, I just asked her if she has a receipt?"

You can tell a lot about a person by the way they shop, and the way they treat the employees in the shop. I am serious. Some people talking to them few sentences, you know they appreciate your work, even just to check the price. But some others, are very demanding, expect people to do extra, for example, stay on phone for ten minutes to find a price quote for them, not knowing, the entire store has only 6-8 floor stuff, have all the customer to look after. They wouldn't care.

Life After "Coogee Sunrise"

It was like a miracle. After writing the 3000 words "Coogee Sunrise", everything has changed inside, invisibly. I do not feel bad any more, when I think about you. I am calm, and confident once again in front of you. This is an amazing feeling that I hadn't had for eleven months. Suddenly remember the saying, 'the truth sets you free.' It was so true, the truth set me free, along with my infactuation. Even though I am still wearing the 'hand cuff', ring on the right, bracelet on the left. but they don't seem to be able to restirct my thoughts any longer. I am free once again, spiritually. A bachelor just like 16 months ago.

Yes, indeed, Caro and I have parted for 16 months now. Yet, we see each other five times a week, before and after she's going out with her honey. Caroline and James Zhang. I was once joking to carol that one advantage of me and green together is that one day, when we marry, no one needs to change surname. caroline responds the same answer, yes, same case with her and James. Can't believe James used to be my friend. Now we seldom talk. Is it because of Caroline? Two men wanting one woman? From the surface, it might look like that. But the truth, only Caroline knows.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home