Monday, February 14, 2005

Black Velvet

Roses are particular expensive on 14th Feb, every year. Smart shoppers normally buy them few days ahead. But I never cared. Valentine's day is about romance, not about money. Merchants like people like me. They gave me a cool $70 for ten black velvet rose. "They open beautifully, eventually turn into black, like velvet." - I really admire their imaginations, FLOWERS GO DEAD after sometime, and sometimes when they are dead, they are BLACK. and they can even use such natrual phenomenon to advertise. Amazing isn't it. The influence of Literature.

A year after, which is today. I seem to be able to walk out of the shadow at last. What a relief, how I wish I could wake up earlier. earlier, and earlier. Amazingly, the 'coogee sunrise' had no effect on you, but the effect is on myside. Writing it, making me realise what a fool I am, just as you decribed a year ago. Sometimes you write something for purpose A, but the result turn out to be different, different but good. I wrote to you in a bid to have lunch with you, but the result turn out to be, I wake up realising the truth and hence determined to end this 11 months infactuation. 1ce and 4 al. i hav tan fingaz.

Sometimes when you look back on a situation, you realize it wasn't all you thought it was. A beautiful girl walked into your life. You fell in love. Or did you? Maybe it was only a childish infatuation, or maybe just a brief moment of vanity.
Henry Bromel, Northern Exposure, The Big Kiss, 1991


10 Black Velvet Roses, 14 Feb 2004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home