Thursday, March 24, 2005

Why it's Good to be Bohan Chen?



Bohan Chen

Oracle Certified Master(OCM)
ORACLE CORPORATION

To start our conversation, Oracle Certified Master (OCM) is one of the hardest certificate you can get in the field of Database. It's not just one certificate, it's a series linked certificate system put together. Say to Get OCM you need to possess Certificate A and B. and To get A and B you need to ... in short, there are only handful people with such qualification. And Bohan Chen is one of them.

Young and handsome still in his early thirties already with over 6 years of IT industry and research experience, including 1 year of consulting and 4 years of extensive database development, testing, and administration.

Let's have a look at the qualification:
* MS in Information Networking, Carnegie Mellon University; Awarded Nokia Scholarship for outstanding academic achievement.

* BS in Computer Science, National Taiwan University; Awarded Motorola EECS Scholarship for outstanding academic performance.

Nowadays, two degrees are pretty standard for employees at large corporation at a specialised section. Oracle is one of the main drive that drives the internet. Remembering the figure: Eight out of the TOP TEN internet companies use Oracle. So it's also a convincing reason to work for Oracle.

In Australia's text book, it is quoted $125/hr for a Database Designer. Surely this is a conservative figure for probably second rate Database Designer in a country that is outside USA. Oracle must pay Top dollar to keep those masters. Without doubt, Mr. Bohan Chen has a quite well off lifestyle, even though he dress doesn't seem to impress.

And where is he working at? Of course where the OC is taking place the beautiful CA. Wanna call him? No problem, I happen to know his number... 650.506.1198, don't forget add (1) international code for US. before you dial. And don't dial just because you are bored, I am sure he is a busy man.

I was once asking myself, is Bohan Chen what I want to be in five six years' time. Senior Techinical Group Member. Does that what I want to be? My answer is quite certain: Not in my dream. Now Graduated, I maybe able to do a degree I am really passionate about, Media Communication? Instead of working full time? I can't reply on my parents anymore, I might do it part time. But the question still remains, when I finish, where would the degree take me. More realistically, I should start accumilating more industry related certificate like Cisco series... I don't mind network, even though I hated the lab, largely due to the tutor wasn't speaking English to us. Well, maybe that doesn't do him justice, say he is not passionate about us? But who is apart from Richard Buckland. Well, well, this is personal biased oppinion. Going home now and have a nap before head to work 4pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home