Wednesday, December 08, 2004

1:05AM

I passed my bed time with pleasure tonight. The provisional results and the feeling of completing another long email at four thousand words. caroline would never get it, why would people wasting hours on writing, when they can just meet up. And that's quite not true, starts with assumption.

Today went for a bike ride at centennial park. very nice indeed. Sweat quite a bit, later seeing brad and discovered that the card reader is broken. 29 dollars from the chinese shop. Before dusk, I spent an lovely hour in tea-inn dreaking ice tea while reading some old favourite commic books from their large collection, i am thinking going there first thing in the morning, reading commic books is addictive, wondering why so many people go to kinokonia?

the provisional results are out. no colours, no sadness either. Can start celebrate after get IT back from peter ho. I saw Peter Ho 10 m away from me having lunch. I was going to approach him and ask him what's going on with my report, but think again, better not anger him, or otherwise. so long as he gets the bunch out before xmas, i think we'll be kewl with that. it's been a year after all.

Gmail is giving me grief tonight, server error often. I just can't send the I Belive out. Doesn't matter, luckily i know how to bcc myself, so i can check if it's mis-delivered or not. even 99.99% reliable server that'll lead to 52 minutes 34 seconds of down time. people don't realise, they will just think 99.99% = 1, it's FAR FROM 1. in 52 minutes, there are millions of user want to use the service, can you imagine the complaints. SO they put two servers, both with 99.99% reliabiltiy, that bring down time sharply to just 1 minute and few seconds. And put few of those, would dramatically reduce millions of 502 error from google:

Server Error
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.
Please try again in 30 seconds


One of the few I shoot today for school. Restricted Lab CHI: my thesis lab.