Saturday, September 03, 2005

Scent and Our Brain


Created in 1994 Dunhill is described to be a refined woody arid fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of lemon lavender wood and musk. It is recommended for evening wear.

There are all sorts of occupation in the world. One of highly specialised occupation is scent specialist. To be qualified, you need to be born with really sensitive nose. What you do everyday to get paid six figure income is to smell.

Smell for perfumes, able to distinguish the fine difference between flowers 1 and flowers 2...etc. It must be an aweful job. After smell four five, different perfumes by the same manufacturer, I am already feeling null in my nose. That's why they have loads of Coffee Beans in those perfume store. Coffee beans alone is a wonderful scent. I personally like it better than the coffee itself. Coffee Beans neutralise the perfume smells, make you able to smell again after some intensive testing.

Dunhill D is my all time favourite, but very hard to get nowadays in Sydney. Even though knowing, they are making 100%+ profit on perfume, I still a firm genunie perfume believer. After Hugo Boss, Mont Blanc, last night I start wearing Dunhill. (below)

Desire Blue
by Dunhill

This aquatic, amber-like fragrance was inspired by a man's self awareness. The fresh, deep notes of bergamot and orange flower water impart a sparkling dimension while amber crystals, musk, and tonka bean warm and soothe the sense.

ORANGE - INDEED. I have to say, those people who wrote these are highly skillful to manipulate people's imagination. By the way, the part in our brain controls scent is closely located to our memory part. That's why sometimes one smell can remind us of someone all of sudden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home